By the end of the lesson, the learner should;
- Be able to understand what risk is.
- Be able to define what risk management is.
- Understand what is a business contingency plan/business continuity is planning.
- Be able to understand how a Company can develop a Business Continuity and Contingency Plan in a Pandemic Environment.
- Understand how it can also implement an optimal pandemic risk management framework and the Strategic Risk Considerations from a Company’s Perspective.
- Be able to Explain the relationship between risk management and contingency planning,
- Explain how a Pandemic Outbreak can be mitigated, Understand the difference between Risk Management vs Contingency Planning,
- Be able to Develop a Business Continuity and Contingency Plan in a Pandemic Environment,
- Be able to understand the Negative Impacts of Pandemic, mitigations of a pandemic outbreak and good practices.
- Be able to explain business continuity strategies for critical business functions.
- know more on workplace infection control measures,
- Understand how to undertake staff awareness and education.
- Master the strategies of fighting Covid-19 and their guiding principles.
- Be able to explain the cyber hygiene framework, Identify steps to follow to ensure cyber security, cyber hygiene frameworks.
- Be able to understand how to prepare for Physical & Cyber Security Threats.
- Know how to develop an effective Security threat assessment and response framework.
LESSON 1: INTRODUCTION TO PANDEMIC RISK MANAGEMENT
LESSON 2: BUSINESS CONTINUITY STRATEGIES IN A PANDEMIC ENVIRONMENT
LESSON 3: RISK MANAGEMENT AND CONTINGENCY PLANNING
LESSON 4: BUSINESS CONTINUITY STRATEGIES FOR CRITICAL BUSINESS FUNCTIONS.
LESSON 5: CYBER RISKS AND THREATS.
Lesson 1 will define risk and explain how to manage risks. By the end of the lesson, you will be able to identify types of risks and how they can be managed.
Lesson 2 will expound on business continuity strategies in a pandemic environment. By the end of the lesson, you will be able to explain and implement the business contingency plan. You will also be able to identify the fundamental process to consider when implementing a pandemic risk management framework.
Lesson 3 will elaborate further on the relationship between risk management and contingency planning. By the end of this lesson, you will be able to understand the relationship between risk management and contingency planning. You will also be able to explain how to mitigate a pandemic.
Lesson 4 will discuss the business continuity strategies that you can use for critical business functions during a pandemic. By the end of the lesson, you should be able to implement these business continuity strategies in your business.
Lesson 5 will discuss the cyber risks and threats that you may face in your business. By the end of this lesson, you will be able to implement the cyber hygiene framework hence ensure Cybersecurity for your business.
- 100 reviews
- 120 Students
- 11 Courses
- Linkedin Profile
Dr. Guan Seng Khoo/ Training and advisory for clients in the APAC region
Dr GS Khoo has over 28 years of data-mining, corporate and startup work-experience, focusing on risk and fund analytics. He joined Temasek Holdings in 2009 from Standard Chartered Bank, where he was the Global Head, Group Risk Analytics, heading the global team performing all global risk models validation for Basel & BIPRU compliance, and liaised with all the financial regulators in Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, including the FSA (UK), the FSS (Korea), CBRC, HKMA and MAS (Singapore). At Temasek Holdings, he focused on developing novel investment performance and portfolio risk management metrics, applicable across the whole spectrum of investment asset classes and horizons. He resigned from Temasek in Dec 2010 to relocate to Canada and joined Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCO), based in Edmonton in 2011, as the Head of ERM/GRC. Subsequently, he returned to Singapore in early 2016 to head the ERM function at Changi Airports International, the global investment arm of Changi Airport Group.